A complete Innovation Challenge submission must include the following:
- 2-page Executive Summary
- Formatting requirements. Word or PDF document, double-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, 1 inch margins
- Content requirements. Please describe:
- Your project, prototype, venture, or community partnership idea
- The need for your idea and the ASU Challenge your innovation addresses
- The impact of your idea including the potential of your idea to grow or scale and the metrics you will use to measure your impact and success
- The amount of Innovation Challenge funding you are seeking to implement your idea
- 10 Slides
- Formatting requirements. PDF document ONLY, no font or margin requirements
- Content requirements.
- At least one slide must include your budget (a breakdown of all expenses you anticipate with a justification for each)
- At least one slide must include your plan for implementing your innovation, including the timeline you will use for implementing your innovation, and who will be involved with your implementation (team members and/or mentors)
- At least one slide must include potential risks/challenges and solutions to overcome these challenges
- May include tables, images, etc.
- Mentor Commitment Form. Your team mentor must submit a mentor commitment form on your behalf. Forms should be submitted electronically with the executive summary and slides.
Proposals are being accepted using the iStart platform. Before beginning, please carefully read through ALL of the following steps to submit your ASU Innovation Challenge proposal. The application process can take between 30 to 40 minutes to complete.
STEP 1. Register at http://changemakerinnovationchallenge2014.istart.org/. Please read through all the steps on this page before registering.
Click on the "Log in to Register" button.
STEP 2. Create an iStart account
Create an iStart account by clicking on the "Create Account" link. If you already have an iStart account, you can skip creating a new account and go to Step 6.
STEP 3. Create user profile
Create a user profile by filling out all the required information marked by an asterisk.
STEP 4. Click "Create Profile"
After filling out all the required information, click on the "Create Profile" button located toward the bottom of the page. iStart will then send you a verification email.
STEP 5. Click the link in verification email
When you receive the verification email from iStart, click on the link in the email. In case you don't receive the email, be sure to check in your SPAM folder.
STEP 6. Click "Submit Business"
Click on the "Submit Business" button to start creating a team profile.
STEP 7. Create team profile
Fill out all the required information to create your team profile. Don't worry about submitting a logo or anything else that may not be applicable to you.
STEP 8. Fill application form
After you submit the team profile, you can fill out the Changemaker Challenge application. There are a total of 7 sections. Please be sure to follow all the rules mentioned on this page. Failure to follow rules will result in disqualification.
STEP 9. Submit Application
Click the "Submit" button after filling out all the information. You will then see a confirmation message saying that your application has been saved.
STEP 10. You're done!
And that's it! Remember that you can make changes to your proposal until the deadline: 6:00 pm (Arizona Time) on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
If you have read through all the rules and application steps, click the button below to submit your proposal. Please remember that failure to follow any of the rules and guidelines will result in disqualification from the Changemaker Challenge.
By clicking the above button, you agree to the Changemaker Challenge terms and conditions.